This morning I was in the mood to bake. It was pretty cool outside. For some reason, cool weather = baking muffins.
Sugar Donut Muffins
yield: 24 mini-muffins or 12 regular muffins
Recipe from Baking Bites
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted butter, for dipping
1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
1 tablespoon cinnamon, for rolling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together sugar and egg until light and fluffy. In small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Pour into sugar/egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add in vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Pour into muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for about 15 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Stir together sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl. When the muffins are done allow to cool for a few minutes, until you are able to handle them easily.
- Dunk the tops of the muffins in the melted butter and then the cinnamon-sugar mixture. I added extra cinnamon because it’s soo tasty!
We went to the dog park after I finished up with these. Louis and Jack would rather play by themselves than with other dogs. We are trying to socialize them.
My boyfriend has to work from 1-5. So I will probably be picking up the house, doing laundry, get in a workout and getting ready for dinner. I think I am going to fix stuffed peppers tonight! We’ll see how those turn out!