- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Soy sauce
- Worchester sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces dried egg noodles
- Put canola oil in skillet. Add onion, and cook, stirring until softened. Turn the heat up to medium-high, and add sliced mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are limp and browned.
- Stir in vegetable broth, being sure to stir in any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer. Add some soy sauce and Worchester sauce to taste along with salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir together the sour cream and flour; then blend into the mushrooms. Return the skillet to the burner, and continue cooking over low heat, just until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
- Instead of the regular egg noodles, I used the noodles I bought from Akin’s the other day. They only take 4 minutes to cook.