Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Food and Fitness Blogs

I heard about this Marie Claire article on another blog.  It is about food and fitness blogging.  It talks about some bloggers going to the extreme and not being a good influence.

I have never actually read any of the blogs that the article mentions; therefore, I can’t judge them for myself.  I have read a lot of blogs about food and fitness, and I do believe there are some disordered eaters and compulsive exercisers blogging about it.  A lot of bloggers even admit to (at one time) being disordered eaters and use their blog to try to help them from those habits.  A lot of bloggers don’t have a full time job, are able to blog constantly, cook elegant meals everyday and exercise for several hours.  A lot of bloggers are able to blog at their job.  It’s hard to judge any situation because there are so many different situations. 

I’m sure there are women and girls reading fitness and food blogs and using them the wrong way.  It’s unfortunate, but it happens.  I’m sure there are food blogs, which show a poor influence.  Again, unfortunate.  There is enough pressure being a woman without comparing ourselves constantly with someone else’s eating and exercise habits. 

I don’t really have a point to all my ramblings, but if I did, it would be we are all different.  Even though a food and fitness regimen works for one person, it most definitely does not mean it will work for you.  Plus, blogs probably shouldn’t be used as professional advice about how to exercise and eat.  A majority of them are written by normal people (like me!) and not certified trainers and nutritionists.  As the commercials always say, “Consult your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program.” 

I write my blog for fun!  I’m pretty sure no one even reads my blog, but that’s okay!  I also like to read blogs for fun.  I mostly like do get new recipes or find out about new food that I have never tried.  Everyone has a different reason for writing and reading blogs… So… take them all with a grain of salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment