Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ryan’s 26th Birthday @ The Melting Pot

My boyfriend’s birthday is tomorrow, but he has class and work all day.  So, we decided to celebrate tonight at the Melting Pot.  OMG!  Soooooooooooo delish!  Yes, yes… it is pricey, but it is worth every penny!

We ordered the Big Night Out with all four courses.  We got a cheese fondue, salad, main course that included lobster and chocolate fondue at the end.  Every course was amazing!

I really liked our cheese fondue with the apples and broccoli!  Here’s a picture of my boyfriend trying it was some of the yummy bread!

DSCF1953 Next, we had a salad nicoise.  I am no salad connoisseur, but this salad was amazing.  I loved the olives and green beans in it, and the dressing was sooo amazing.  I know I have used the word amazing now one too many times, but there is no other way to describe it!  My boyfriend and I ate every single bite. 

DSCF1954 The cheese fondue and salad were enough to fill me up, but then the main course came out.  We cooked it mojo style.  This is one of the four cooking choices at the restaurant.  It smelled so good.  We had two lobster tails, duck, chicken, steak, ravioli and shrimp included in the main course.  I have never had duck before tonight.  It was quite yummy!  The lobster cooked quickly and dipped immediately into the butter and garlic sauce was an orgasm for my mouth!  There are no words to describe it.  The mushrooms were good stuffed with a cream cheese sauce they serve with the main dish. 

DSCF1955 If all this food wasn’t enough, the final and most fabulous course is a chocolate fondue.  We ordered the yin yang fondue.  It was a white and dark chocolate. 

DSCF1957 The chocolate fondue is served with strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, rice krispie treats, pound cake, brownies and cheesecake.  My absolute favorite is dipping the bananas and strawberries in the chocolate.  It is heaven!  I bet pineapple would be so yummy in this too!

DSCF1958Needless to say, it was a perfect birthday dinner.  It does take some time to get through all the courses.  We were there for almost 2 and a half hours, and it is pricey.  But, I think it is totally worth it for a once a year splurge! 

DSCF1959 Happy Birthday to You!!

DSCF1960 His last bite of the night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment