We had some Buffalo Burgers. We bought the Burgers from Akin’s, and they were from the Witchita Buffalo Company. Buffalo is so much better for you than other meats. It has less calories and fat! So… even though we were eating meat, it was much better for us than beef and even chicken!
We don’t have an outdoor grill. My boyfriend doesn’t cook at all. He doesn’t even grill. When I ask him to help in the kitchen, he always says, “It doesn’t taste as good when I make it.” yea, yea, yea…. At least, he helps with the dishes.
I used an indoor plug-in grill. They ended up super tasty! My boyfriend ate 2 that night and the third for lunch the next day!
Tonight, we tried quinoa for the first time. It was actually quite yummy! The hardest part of making quinoa is the rinsing. We didn’t have a colander with small enough holes to rinse it. I had to put it on a paper towel and rinse it. Not the most effective. It sticks to the paper towel. I was trying to scrap it all off with a wooden spoon.
I made the quinoa with veggies and cheese.
- canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 cups chicken/veggie broth
- 1 cups rinsed quinoa
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Meanwhile, heat some canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and carrots. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in broth and quinoa, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the cheese and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy! It’s super delish!