Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Step 1: Read the Directions!

Here’s a picture of last night’s dinner.  We had some back mahi mahi with rosemary, parmesan rice and broccoli and squash.  It was quite yummy! 

IMG_0102[1]

This morning I actually got up early to take a walk.  This was a small miracle because I am not a morning person at all.  Louis and I went around the neighborhood.  I left Jack at home because it is really hard to walk them at the same time.  Apparently, Jack was going insane and whining because I left him.  Jacko went psycho! 

IMG_0108[1]

It was a pretty regular day at work, but this is what I come home too.  Two very excited puppies jumping all over the place!!

Puppies

Well, I tried to make eggplant parmesan today.  I have never cooked with eggplant.  I didn’t read the directions to the recipes very well, and I didn’t peel the eggplant.  It wasn’t bad, but it would have been a lot better if I had done the peeling.  UGH!  Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! 

I found this HUGE eggplant.   

IMG_3771

IMG_3775

The messiest part is drenching the eggplant in the egg wash and the Italian breadcrumbs. 

IMG_3776

Eggplant with peels….  :(

IMG_3779

This is the finished product!  It looks good, but would have been so much better if I wasn’t such a dummy and peeled the eggplant.

IMG_3781

Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment