Monday, September 13, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Ain't So Bad

I made my first spaghetti squash. I usually like quick and easy meals. (Love Rachael Ray!) By quick, I mean 15-20 minutes, 30 max. But we are trying to eat better and new things. So... we tried it out. I put my squash in the oven for an hour. It is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hard to cut an uncooked spaghetti squash. So, I just poked holes in it with a fork. Ok... I didn't even do the fork poking. I tried and got the fork stuck. So I made Ryan poke the squash.... lol. Once it was cooked, it is much easier to cut.


It is actually a lot harder to get the core and seeds out than I thought it would be. I had to use a knife, spoon and cooking shears. It is easiest to cut it out with a knife and then spoon it out. Then, I used a fork to get the squash out. Again, it was a lot harder to get out then I thought it would be. You have to dig it out. Plus, it was flying all over the place. I am NOT a neat cook.


I cooked some zucchini and broccoli and put it in the marina sauce. We got four veggies (squash, broccoli, zucchini, tomato) in one side dish! YAY!

In our quest to eat more fish, I made some baked catfish.


This is my boyfriend's plate. He loves croissant rolls.


I was actually surprised by the spaghetti squash. I really liked it. It is crunchy, and I was not expecting that. I really recommend trying it! YUM! My boyfriend liked it, but he said he wouldn't want it as a substitute for pasta every time. I don't think I would want to make it every time because it took me an hour and a half from start to finish, but it is definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment