Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kale Chips

I’ve been hearing a lot about kale chips.  They are a great healthy snack or side dish.  They looked weird to me… eating green leaves like a chip? Eh?  I’ll try anything once. 

I bought a big bunch of kale and spread it out on a baking sheet.  Covered it with some olive oil and salt and into the oven it went!

DSCF2471

I put it in at about 325 for 15-20 minutes.  The oven at our new place gets crazy hot fast!  So, we have to be careful about baking things. 

They came out looking pretty good:DSCF2474

My boyfriend and I took the leap… Hmmmmm… Not too bad…… but they have a bitter after taste.  We decided we didn’t really love it.  If you could chew it reeeeeally fast and swallow without the aftertaste, then we liked it. 

Kale chips: Not crazy about them, but don’t hate them.  Probably won’t be making them anytime soon.  Sor…cause I’m only half sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment