Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Little Trip to Palm Springs

I haven’t been able to blog very much lately.  My boyfriend’s computer cord broke.  We haven’t ordered a new one, and my boyfriend usually needs it for school.  So, school comes before blogging… i guess. 

I took a trip over the weekend for work to Palm Springs, CA.  We stayed at the Hyatt Suites.  It was really nice.  My boyfriend would have loved it.  It had TWO big screen TVs.  It had a nice little living area:

DSCN4204

It leads to the bedroom:

DSCN4203

The best part of the hotel was the pool area.  It was so nice and had amazing pool chairs with pillows.  There’s nothing like a cold drink by the pool. 

 DSCN4202

We had a little balcony in the suite.  It looked out at the swimming pool.

DSCN4201

Palm Springs is desert with some mountains and lots of palm trees.

   DSCN4205

They close off the street on Thursday nights and have a street festival.  They sell food, jewelry, art and lots of little things.  There are also a lot of street performers and music.  It was really neat!  I wish I wouldn’t have been so tired from the flight!  I would have walked around more!

DSCN4206

Palm Springs has their own stars on the sidewalk.  Here’s a shortened path:

   DSCN4209   DSCN4212   DSCN4215

I think this may have been a hospital, but I am probably wrong.  I thought it was really pretty with the palm trees and the blue sky. 

DSCN4216

The scenery was really beautiful!  I love the palm trees and the mountains. 

DSCN4217 

I was there for work, and I wasn’t able to do a lot of sightseeing, shopping, etc., but it seemed like a really nice little town.  I think a lot of people from LA go to Palm Springs for a weekend side trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment