Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 30: 30 Day Picture Challenge

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

Lately, I have been missing my Grandpa Howard.  My grandpa handmade instruments.  He made a few guitars and two mandolins, but he made several fiddles.  My boyfriend loves music and playing string instruments.  My parents gave my boyfriend a mandolin and guitar that my grandpa made.  Before my boyfriend started playing them, they were just sitting in a closet at my parents’ house. 

My boyfriend loves music including bluegrass, blues and everything else.  My grandpa would have really enjoyed talking to my boyfriend and vice versa.  I really wish they could have met.  I know they would have loved each other.  Sometime I joke that my boyfriend would probably have liked my grandpa more than me. 

It makes me miss him. 

scan0035

I always remember that he was kind to me and made me laugh.  He used to tell me if I didn’t eat my vegetables I would grow hair on my chest.  He liked to tell tall tales like that.  (That was a little bit of a tongue twister.) 

I love you, Grandpa Howard!  I know you are watching over me from somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment