Thursday, February 17, 2011

Victoria’s Pasta Shop

Sooooooooooo… I think my boyfriend looks a little like his dad!

bulmer and dad

HAHAHA!  I laughed for about 15 minutes after we took this picture and the next day for another good 10 minutes.  I love the goofy/cheesy smile!

We ended up going to Victoria’s Pasta Shop for our VD dinner.  We had never been before and decided to give it a try.

 victorias pasta shop

We read a couple of the reviews online before we went.  It was like all reviews… they either hated it or loved it.  We particularly liked the reviews that said when they entered and it was an ugly eye sore.  One review said “DAMN HIPPIES!”  That was, of course, helpful.  A lot of the reviews did mention the service was slow. 

When we went in and seated ourselves, I expected our eyes to start bleeding from the ugliness of the decor, but it wasn’t as bad as the reviews stated.  It did take FOR-E-VER to get our menus, but after we actually had our menus the service wasn’t bad. 

Victorias_Menu_ALL

Notice on the menu it says “BV” in several places.  It took us a little while to figure out what that meant.  In high school, my friends and I used to threaten each other with a “BV” a.k.a. black vagina.  Yes, we were weird, but we thought it was hilarious.  Anyways, I saw this and immediately started laughing.  When I explained it to my boyfriend, he just asked, “Can that really happen?”  Hmmmm… who knows?

We both ordered a dinner salad.  They were okay.  The dressing was good, but the salad consisted of lettuce and cheese.

I had the black pepper linguine.  It was good!  My boyfriend ordered a trio of pasta including the lasagna roll.  The pasta was good, but the lasagna roll was not fantastic.  It is basically a piece of lasagna rolled around a HUGE hunk of cheese.  I guess if you REEEEEEEEEALLY like cheese, you will like it.  We thought it wasn’t good at all.

Overall, it was good.  Not nearly as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be.  We didn’t love, love, love it, but didn’t hate it either.

Oh yea… as soon as we went in, we figured out the hippie comment.  It is not your typical Italian restaurant.  It is more of a college-campus Italian restaurant.  I think everyone that works there is a student with a hippie/emo style.  The walls are decorated with local art.  It’s very free spirit.  Not traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment